Amrit Method Yoga Therapy Training
Part A Immersion June 2017 – $899 ($125 deposit)
June 21, 2017 – June 25, 2017
Part B Certification August 2017 – $899 ($125 deposit)
August 16, 2017 – August 20, 2017
(Wednesdays from 7-9pm; Thursdays, Fridays, & Saturdays from 8am-9pm; Sundays from noon-4pm)
Cost of Full Training – $1,600 ($250 deposit)
with Chitra Marie Bailey, Psy.D
To learn more, click here.
Explore the anatomy of energy, empowering you to move beyond limitations in the body and mind.
Amrit Method of Body Psychology training not only deepens your personal practice, it is an ideal modality for yoga teachers, body workers and mental health professionals to expand their client-offerings.
Learn advanced practices, facilitation tools and more:
• New and Advanced Yoga Therapy Poses
• Private and Group Facilitation Techniques
• Allocated Time for Refinement, Review and Practice
• Pre-designed Group and Solo Sequences
• How to Customize a Yoga Therapy Session
Life is energy. It is meant to flow through us, each time leaving us broader, richer and evolving us for having known it. When we experience more intensity than we can handle, we shut this process down and create blocks in the body. The Amrit Method of Yoga Therapy is designed to not only treat visible physical symptoms, but is aimed at addressing the invisible mental and emotional blocks that contribute to them. Using gravity supported, static poses held by the facilitator, or with the use of the wall or props ,you will learn how to surface and release blockages held in body zones such as legs, buttocks, hamstrings, heart and shoulders.
• Explore the anatomy of energy and how it becomes blocked
• Use a variety of prop and partner assisted yoga postures to intensify energy flow and encounter energetic holding patterns
• Learn about the chakras as a map to our personal evolution and how yoga therapy poses can be used to open stagnant energies
• Discover how to healthfully integrate and release emotions for yourself and others
• Use various experiences to connect with and learn to listen to the energy of the body and what it is saying to you
• Learn how to lead a yoga therapy class with partner and prop supported assists
In this training you will learn how to give individualized yoga therapy sessions as well as group yoga therapy classes. A reduced schedule for two and a half days mid-training allows for integration time, supervised practicum and time to practice with one another. This training can be used as a powerful tool for your own personal journey.
Yoga therapy creates:
• The opportunity to re-program mental and emotional patterns that produce dis-ease
• Improved posture and range of motion
• Reduction of chronic pain and tension
• Long term restoration of body function after injury or surgery
• Increased energy, Mental clarity, emotional balance and assistance to transform unhealthy thinking patterns
“Chitra” Marie Bailey, Psy. D., ERYT-500 is a senior faculty member at the Amrit Yoga Institute in Salt Springs, Florida where she is a trainer in the Amrit Method of Yoga Therapy and Amrit Method Yoga Nidra Professional Trainings. She has a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and spent many years in her first career as a psychologist. She holds several Amrit Method certifications. A Yogi through and through, Marie fell in love with Amrit Method Yoga, Yoga Nidra, and Yoga Therapy in 2009 when she first met Yogi Amrit Desai and his daughter Kamini Desai, Ph. D. Marie is a practicing Yoga Therapist, Yoga Nidra facilitator, and Yoga teacher. She currently calls Jacksonville, FL her home.